Sunday, April 06, 2008

Baldwin City,Kansas: Friend Picks $20K Kansas lotto ticket

Kansas Lotto news


Friend Picks $20K0 Winning Kansas lotto ticket


TOPEKA, KANsas: Saturday evening, Cindy Sesker stopped at a convenience store to visit a friend who was working.
The Baldwin City resident purchased a couple of donuts and asked her friend to pick out a $2 scratch ticket
for her to play. Unbeknownst to her friend, she handed Sesker a $20,000 winning $2 Bonus Crossword instant scratch ticket.
I hardly ever buy $2 tickets, said Sesker. I had $2 left after buying the donuts, so I asked my friend to pick out a $2 ticket.
I scratched my ticket in the store and jumped up and down when I realized I’d won.
After calming down, Sesker signed the back of her Kansas lotto ticket and drove home to show her husband Aaron.


He thought it was a fake ticket, said Sesker. But after reading the ticket closely, he knew it was real.
Sesker and her husband, who have three children, plan to buy a computer with some of their prize money.
The rest, she said, will go into a savings account.
I also plan to take my friend out for a steak dinner and a movie, said Sesker.
The winning ticket was purchased at Santa Fe Market, Inc., located at 522 Ames, in Baldwin City.

No comments: