Monday, April 21, 2008

Virginia Lottery: "My knees were quivering" VA lotto winner

Virginia Lottery: "My knees were quivering"


Giles County Man Wins $100,000 In Kings And Queens Game
Don’t tell Edwin Lafon of Pembroke that if you win the top prize in the
Virginia Lottery’s Kings and Queens Scratcher game, you have to act like a king.
My knees were quivering, he later told Lottery officials. I thought, ‘I’m looking at this wrong.’


Mr. Lafon won $100,000 with a ticket he purchased at Little Giant in Pembroke.
Kings and Queens is one of the newest games from the Virginia Lottery.
It features prizes ranging from $10 all the way up to $100,000. Mr. Lafon is the second player to win the top prize, which means there are still two Kings and Queens tickets out there that will win the top prize.
Mr. Lafon, who works a a quality inspector, said the prize will help with retirement,which is just a few years away.

No comments: