Tuesday, May 06, 2008

at the deli, man hits Illinois Lotto for $1 million

Peru, IL: At the deli Robert Picatto hits the Illinois Lotto for $1 million



This Peru, IL. resident instantly becomes $1 million richer
Robert Picatto just found out that nothing can lift your spirits like
playing the Illinois Lottery. The 46-year-old father of twins wasn’t in the best of moods recently after receiving a $200 cell phone bill, courtesy of his chatty twin daughters. Before going to pay the bill, Robert stopped at a local deli where he has played Illinois Lottery games for years, hoping that one of his favorite instant games might help him win a little cash.


I had to show my wife and the kids the ticket before they believed me, Robert said. I’ve played the Lottery every day for 10 years, and even though my wife and I have both won big in the past, this is unreal. I had a hard time believing it myself at first.

During the last decade, the dedicated Lottery player and his wife, Mary, have each won $1,000-prizes from instant tickets. Now that Robert hit the pinnacle of instant-ticket success, he has started to consider a switch to Little Lotto as his game of choice. Either way, he plans to continue playing the Lottery every day. Despite his $1 million win, the warehouse worker will remain at his job. But the family is looking forward to several other major changes.



Robert said. To celebrate, I bought both my daughters new cell phones. Now we just have to watch out for the bills. Ankiewicz Deli Dairy, located at 1920 4th Street in Peru, Ill., will receive a bonus of 1
percent of the top prize, or $10,000, for selling the winning Illinois Lotto ticket.

No comments: