Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Emporia Kansas: Richard Carley hits Powerball lotto for $10K

Emporia Kansas: Richard Carley hits the Powerball lotto for $10K


Richard Carley purchases Powerball tickets, he doesn’t always check his tickets right away.
Yesterday, the Emporia resident stopped at a local convenience store to check
his Kansas Powerball Lotto ticket. You can imagine his surprise when he realized he’d matched four numbers plus the Powerball, winning a $10,000 cash prize.
I was going to check my ticket a week after the drawing. The store was so busy,
I decided to wait. He usually purchases his tickets at the same store,
handed his winning ticket to the store clerk to check, when scanned,
she told me to come around the counter and take a look at the KS Lottery screen,
said Carley. The only thing I could say was, ‘Oh, my goodness!’ when the
screen read $10,000.


Winning $10,000 would put a smile on anyone’s face. But for Carley it is extra special.
I’ve been going through chemotherapy, so there are a lot of days I don’t
feel well, said Carley.


The winning ticket was purchased at Emporia Amoco Food Shop, located at 2101 W. 6th St., in Emporia.

No comments: