Friday, September 12, 2008

Former Steel Worker’s Numbers Have Significance

Former Steel Worker’s Numbers Have Significance
Baltimore Man Wins Top Prize Playing Bonus Match 5

(Baltimore) – A former steel worker has been playing the same numbers for a while, but finally hit it big, winning $50,000 on Bonus Match 5. The 74-year-old veteran of the Sparrows Point furnaces and the Korean War got lucky with one of his 9 rows of numbers he plays in every drawing.

“Most of my plays have family significance,” he said, pointing out some of his lucky numbers. He also plays other numbers with special meaning. “When I play Pick 3 and Pick 4 – I use my boat registration number and my house numbers.
He’s affectionately known as ‘The Mayor’ at his favorite Edgemere watering hole, where a nameplate identifies his barstool. Among his favorite pastimes are playing pool, going fishing and playing the Lottery. He plans to tell his children about the win, but is waiting for the right time.

Intending to put his winnings right in the bank, he’s confident that the money won’t change him. “I’m going to continue to live the way I’ve always lived and that’s it,” he said.

The winning ticket was purchased at Ben’s House of Spirits on North Point Road in Baltimore.

No comments: