Tuesday, August 25, 2009

$2 Powerball play yields a $260 million jackpot

$2 Powerball play yields a $260 million jackpot



 260 million Solomon Jackson SC Powerball lotto winner lotto

08/25/09 A retired South Carolina state employee who spent two bucks on the lottery was all smiles with his $260 million Powerball jackpot. "For once in my life, I really experienced the old saying, pinch me to see if I'm still alive, or if this is real," Solomon Jackson said. Jackson, a lifelong Columbia resident, shared few details about himself or his plans for the money. He did work for the state Revenue Department until taking early retirement.
Using his free time to return to school to get a degree from Midlands Technical College.


"It is a beautiful day for education," Jackson said. "I aid, 'Well, why can't I throw $2 at the lottery, to help education?' Come to find out, I did not need $2 to win, so I wasted a dollar. Thank God. Thank God. Thank God."

No comments: