Thursday, April 03, 2008

Columbus, Georgia: Grandpa hits the lotto for $5M

Columbus, Georgia: Grandpa hits the Georgia lotto for $5M


ATLANTA,GA. A Columbus grandpa is celebrating a $5 million Georgia Lottery win.
Prentiss Shumaker, 70, played the instant game Georgia's $500 Million Club and
won $5 million.Milgen Road Foodmart, located at 4254 Milgen Road in Columbus,
sold the top prize ticket. Shumaker scratched his ticket in the store.
"I stood there and looked at it," he said. "I showed it to the store clerk, and he shook my hand."


Shumaker has one adult daughter and two grandchildren. He will use his winnings to help them.
"I'm going to make sure the grandkids and my daughter are taken care of," he shared.
According to Shumaker, he also plans to retire from his job in purchasing and sales after 39 years with the same company.
"I'm going to retire and get a part-time job. I can't just sit at home," he said.
Since its first year, the Georgia Lottery Corporation has returned over $9.7 billion to the state of Georgia for education.

No comments: