Thursday, May 22, 2008

19yr old teenager hit $35 million Powerball Lotto

19yr old teenager hit $35 million Powerball Lotto



GASTON, SC How would you feel if you learned a co-worker had won $35 million? Well we talked to some people who worked with the West Columbia man who struck it big in the lottery.

It was surprise and smiles this morning for workers at Eastman Chemical in Gaston.

"One of our crew members asked me what I thought about the millionaire. I didn't know what he was talking about. He told me Jon just won 35 million in the lotto. I told him to get out," says coworker Daniel Ready.

"I didn't believe it," says Dwaud Rasheed.

The guys say despite his age, 19-year-old Jonathan Vargas was the perfect person to win the $35 million jackpot. They describe the Airport High grad as a level headed guy who believes in sharing.

"I truly honestly believe he deserves it. He has a lot of goals he wants to achieve and I feel that by winning this he'll be able to do that," says Mark Washington.

The main thing on Vargas' list right now is a new house for his mother and trust funds for his siblings.

He says much of his winnings will be invested or given to charity.

"That's him. That's Jon," says Washington.

Vargas' good fortune isn't the only reason the guys are smiling. They're hoping his luck might be contagious.

"Now that I see that somebody that sat right next to me in the break room won the lottery I believe I got a chance.," says Ready.

Oh and Jonathan, in case you read this, "Don't forget you got Wednesday off," laughed

No comments: