Tuesday, March 04, 2008

3 Lotto winners in East Texas for $140K

3 Lotto winners in East Texas for $140K


THREE TEXAS LOTTERY PLAYERS FROM EAST TEXAS WIN COMBINED TOTAL OF $140,000 THIS WEEK
Three East Texas players of Texas Lottery scratch games came away winners this week, taking home a combined total of $140,000. The three collected their prizes of $100,000, $20,000 and $20,000 on Thursday at the Lottery Claim Center in Tyler.
The first of these, Julie McClendon of Palestine, collected her prize this morning. She told Lottery officials she had made up her mind to purchase a Texas Lottery ticket, but she wasn’t sure which one. After doing some serious homework, she made a choice that would bring her $100,000.
The night before I was going to buy a ticket, I researched (on the Texas Lottery Commission Web site) the remaining large-prize amounts, McClendon said. I wanted to see how many large prizes were left on the $5 and $10 tickets that I normally purchase.
Her research took her to the pages that exclusively feature the $5 and $10 tickets on www.txlottery.org. After some deliberation, she decided she would buy one 10 Times Lucky.
It turns out that she made a wise choice, as her ticket had a top prize of $100,000.
I’m still in shock that I actually won, she said.
McClendon purchased the ticket at the Redland Grocery, 5340 Highway 59 North in Lufkin.


Two additional players each won prizes of $20,000 and took home their prizes today.
Richard Phillips of Nacogdoches won $20,000 playing Millions and Millions, a $30 ticket that he bought at the Ken’s Minit Mart, 911 West Main in Nacogdoches. He showed the ticket to his friends, who told him he was holding a big winner.
At first, I thought my friends were playing a trick on me, telling me I’d scratched the numbers for a prize of $20,000, Phillips said. When I knew it was real, I was so excited.
Jacqueline Davis in Longview was overcome by that same kind of excitement after she purchased a Spicy 7’s ticket at Mr. Kwik #1, 2000 S. High Street.
I went to Mr. Kwik to cash in the tickets on which I’d won $10, Davis said. I used my prize to buy two Spicy 7’s and scratched the tickets in my car. I ran back in the store and got the clerk as excited as I was.

No comments: