Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Cookie stop yields a $200K Iowa Powerball winning treat

Davenport,IOWA: $200,000 Powerball winner


COOKIE STOP YIELDS $200,000-WINNING TICKET
Reo Ogleton Wins Iowa Powerball Drawing. Reo Ogleton who works in Iowa recently stopped to buy some cookies - and found out the Powerball ticket she
was holding was a $200,000 winner. This winning Iowa Powerball lottery ticket was sold at Kwik Shop, 303 W. Locust St. in Davenport.


Ogleton, who turns 60 on June 5, stopped at the Kwik Shop the day after the drawing to pick up some cookies and found out she was a big winner!
I went in to buy a pack of cookies, like I always do on Thursday, she said. I said, ‘Can you redeem my ticket?’ When she ran [the ticket] through the machine, she said, ‘Oh my goodness. You're going to have to go to the office.’ And I was like, ‘For what - to get some cookies?’
It turned out Ogleton was holding a $200,000-winning ticket from the previous night's drawing!
I was getting ready to say, ‘You can have these cookies back, [because I'm not] going that far.’ And she said, ‘No, you won $200,000!’
And I was like, ‘Okay, don't lie to me.’ Once she realized she had actually won, Ogleton couldn't contain her excitement!
She gave me the ticket and I just started screaming, she said. I was like, ‘What? Yay! Thank, I can play all my bills off!’
She said she wasn't sure how she would spend the rest of her prize money once she paid her bills.

No comments: