Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Linda Tanner hits the Illinois Lotto for $100,000

Park City, ILLinois: Bertrand Bowling Lanes bowler hits the Illinois Lotto for $100K


Lottery Gives Avid Bowler $100,000 to Spare
Illinois lottery tickets part of Park City family’s weekly bowling tradition
The Illinois Lottery has been part of Linda Tanner’s weekend family tradition for years. Every weekend during the winter, the Tanners go bowling and Linda always buys a Illinois Lottery ticket there.


As I sat down to scratch off my ticket, Linda recalls, my eyes played tricks on me I
though that I’d won $100. I got really excited because my oldest son had won $450 playing the
Lottery a few weeks earlier. Competitive both in and out of the bowling alley, Linda couldn’t
wait to tell Jason, the $450 winner, about her own win so that she could gloat a little. Because
her son wasn’t present at the bowling lane that day, Linda put away the ticket and planned to call
him later in the afternoon.


After I got home, I picked up the phone to call Jason, Linda said. But when the mother
of four pulled out her ticket, she noticed that she had not won $100, but $100,000. My heart
just fell to my feet, Linda said. I called Jason and told him to hurry over because I had
something important to tell him. After her son arrived, Linda also showed the ticket to her husband. We were all in total
disbelief, Linda said. Linda Tanner plans on using her lotto winnings to pay off bills and to travel.
Although the win initially surprised her, Linda says, I’ve always thought that I would
win someday. You just can’t give up. I never did. Bertrand Bowling Lanes, located at
2616 Washington Street in Waukegan, Ill., will receive a 1 percent or $1,000 for selling the winning lotto ticket.





www.needto.net/illinois.htm

No comments: