Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Lenexa,KS., Woman Wins $10,000 Powerball lotto

Lenexa,KS., Woman Wins $10,000 Powerball lotto


03/11/08 TOPEKA, KAN. Last Wednesday night, Kelly Waite couldn’t believe what
she was seeing as she watched the Powerball numbers being drawn on a local
television station. The Lenexa resident purchased three $1 Quick Pick Powerball tickets for that night’s drawing and matched four of the first five numbers plus the Powerball, winning a $10,000 cash prize on one of those tickets.
I hardly ever buy Powerball tickets, explained Waite. I work a lot of hours
as a nurse and always forget to buy tickets. In fact, when I stopped at the store Wednesday evening,
I had already purchased my items and was out the door when I realized
it was Wednesday. I reached into my pocket and had three extra dollars.
I went back into the store and bought three tickets.


According to Waite, she seldom remembers to check her tickets either. She and her fiancé Jack just happened to be watching a television station that airs the Powerball drawing.

It was surreal watching my numbers come up, smiled Waite. I couldn’t believe I was one number away from winning millions! I hate to sound greedy, but only one number! We had our TiVo DVR recorder on and we were able to freeze the TV screen on the winning numbers. We sat there for over an hour just staring.
Waite, who has two school-age sons, plans to use her prize money towards a new car.
I’m getting a personalized tag that will read, ‘One number,’ smiled Waite.
The winning Poqwerball ticket was purchased at Country Hill 66, located at 15855 W. 87th St. Pkwy., in Lenexa.

No comments: