Sunday, February 10, 2008

Pulaski County,KY. wins $100k Kentucky Lottery

Pulaski County Man Plans to Start Year Off Debt Free, Wins $100,000!

While a lot of people hope to be able to pay off their debt, Brian Whitaker plans to do just that with the $100,000 he won last week from playing the Kentucky Lottery.

The 35-year-old man from Nancy went into the Fast Track Market in Somerset and bought a $10 Cash Flurry scratch-off ticket. Brian doesn’t buy lottery tickets often and had gone into the store for something else. “While checking out, the store clerk told me they had sold a $500 ticket there at the store recently so I decided to buy one,” he told lottery officials.

Brian took the ticket back to his business where he started to get things ready for the day. “I sat down for a minute and decided to scratch off the ticket when I saw that I had won $100,000,” Brian said . “I called my mom and said, ‘I think I just won $100,000’!” Brian asked her to stay on the line while he drove back to the store to have the ticket checked. “The clerk scanned the ticket and started crying and hugging me. Then she got on the phone to tell my mom that it was true, that I had really won $100,000.”& #160;

“I just shook like a leaf,” Brian said. “I just couldn’t believe it. I immediately thought that I’m going to be debt free and that we could start the year off with a fresh start.”

Brian is married and has two daughters.

No comments: