Wednesday, February 06, 2008

COLUMBIA, SC: SOUTH CAROLINA Lotto HITS IT BIG!

02/06/08 SOUTH CAROLINA Lotto HITS IT BIG!


COLUMBIA, SC A Greenville County man missed winning the $43 Million Powerball jackpot by only one number but the player still came away a big winner!


The lucky man, who wishes to remain anonymous, stopped by the Columbia Claims Center to pick up a $600,000 Powerball prize!
The player correctly matched all five white ball numbers 14, 16, 25, 26 and 44, and purchased the PowerPlay multiplier option. The PowerPlay® number selected was 3, which tripled the player’s Powerball winnings to $600,000.


The winner purchased his ticket at the Hot Spot in Greenville.
I’ve been playing Powerball for about a year and I always buy the PowerPlay option, the winner said. But this is the first time I hit it this big on Powerball!
The $600,000 prize is a nice way to celebrate a milestone in. February is my anniversary month. I’ve been married for two years so this is a nice gift, the newlywed said. I plan on spending some money on my wife but we hope to save most of it.

No comments: